October 7th, 2009
Some of the cool new features in GWT 2.0 include:
- In-Browser Development Mode – now you can develop in your favorite browser instead of using the “hosted browser”.
- Code Splitting – you can split your code into multiple fragments allowing your application to download faster and bootstrap itself with the minimum about of required code.
- Declarative User Interface – use XML to declarativly lay out your UI as opposed to programmatically.
- Bundling of resources (ClientBundle) – build bundles of text, CSS and HTML files for download optimization.
- Using HtmlUnit for running GWT tests – debugging GWT Tests in development mode can now be done entirely in a Java debugger.