Force.com Canvas apps are a great way to extend the Force.com platform with existing legacy apps or to take advantage of existing packages and libraries on other platforms. Lately I've been writing a lot of node.js apps but needed to whip up a quick demo using Rails
I must publicly confess my love with the Force.com Streaming API. (Don't tell my wife.) Last September I wrote a blog post entitled, Node.js Demo with Force.com Streaming API & Socket.io that showed how to stream events from Saleforce.com to the browser using Node.js.
As one of the committers for the Databasedotcom gem, I follow most of the other committers to see what they are working on. I was pleasantly surprised a few months back when Eric Holmes started pushing code for a project called "Restforce". I nearly fell out of my
So over at CloudSpokes we use OAuth for everyone that logs into our Database.com (Salesforce) org. It's been working fine for over a year but the last couple of days the OAuth dance have been failing randomly (5% of the time?) for one our our rails apps with the
Over at CloudSpokes we write a lot of ruby code (CloudSpokes.com runs on Heroku in Ruby with Database.com as the backend) for debugging, data migration, utilities and more. We typically just write a quick ruby class and run it from the command line to execute the script. However,
It the new year again and time for resolutions. I made a resolution about a year ago to learn ruby. If you are looking for something to learn this year I would recommend ruby and here's why: Salesforce.com bought Heroku for $220M Salesforce.com has been pushing "Open.
This is my submission for the LinkedIn Veterans Hackday 2011. CloudSpokes threw in an extra $100 for any member that submitted as an extra incentive. Our members created some pretty cool apps and I'll be highlighting them shortly. Chow Finder is a mobile application for services members to easily locate
I got my shiny new MBP on Friday and spent a good part of the weekend installing software. I ran into a installation issue with RVM and Ruby and just want to post a fix in case anyone runs across it. Just to be clear, the issue seems to be